Letter from the Principal
Mr. Demarious McNeill
Principal's Welcome Message
I first want to thank you for checking out our school website. I hope you will be able to find answers to any questions you may have. At West Hoke Elementary School, we have high expectations for every student that crosses our threshold and we are “intentional” in everything that we do. It is our desire to build a culture of innovation that encourages students to find greatness within themselves and use that to create new opportunities.
We believe in the partnership between school and home. We believe in the family and community partnership is key in the success of our students. We have many opportunities for you to get involved and become a Dolphin. We have mentorship programs and after school activities that help shape the “whole” child. We want you to stay informed and help us create that strong partnership between home and school. Here are a few ways you can support your child’s learning:
- Make sure your child attends school, arrives on time, and is ready to learn.
- Ask your child daily to share what they have learned at school.
- Check your child’s agenda and homework each night.
- Read with your child and engage them in dialogue about what they are reading.
- Encourage your child to join a student club/organization that interests them.
- Communicate with your teacher on a regular basis to discuss your child’s performance.
- Be involved by volunteering in the classroom and attending parent conferences, curriculum nights, and other school events.
- Join our Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Please stay connected by visiting our school, school website, follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.
I look forward to working with you,